Painfully slow

Discuss the Scalix Server software
kejpa

Painfully slow

Postby kejpa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi,
I've been happily using Scalix for many years now, and I was glad to hear that it's coming more alive again.
When I learned that there was a new release I thought I'd better update.

It went smooth. But when I tried to log in to the Management Console it was the old version. So I uninstalled version 12, and 11 and reinstalled 12 all in less than an hour, great!
But it's painfully slow. Most of the time I get a time out before the messages are fetched from the server, and quite often I get a notification that the server is not responding properly. I haven't yet been able to load the calendar due to the slow communication.
The mobile interface I have never succeeded in loading, probably timeout trouble there too.

Shouldn't it be just as quick as before? Could it be something with my installation or distro (Centos 5.8)

Thanks for any feedback!
/Kjell

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Painfully slow

Postby ScalixSupport » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:39 am

After upgrading have you run omcheck and omscan.
If not, It would be a great idea to run omcheck and omscan on the server.
Also rebuild the indexes ,

http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=HowTos/RebuildIndex

kanderson

Re: Painfully slow

Postby kanderson » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 pm

This will be due to the platform not running correctly.

Can you make sure that PostgreSQL is running? Typically, when an upgrade happens, the best bet is to completely remove the database, and let it rebuilt it over again on the newer version. That will be especially true if you were on an older version of Scalix 11.

12 is very fast, especially the web client. If it's not acting well for you, then there's a problem for sure.

Kev.

Return to “Scalix Server”