One domain not sending from internet mail gateway

Discuss the Scalix Server software
jbru

One domain not sending from internet mail gateway

Postby jbru » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Hello,

I'm years happy with Scalix. Currently I'm running Scalix 12.8.0.25760 1 but now I've got problems with one domain not sending mails. All other domains don't have issues.
First of all we had trouble sending messages to Gmail/Google accounts. Therefore I set up opendkim, which worked and all tests passed the DKIM test (except Google domains still don't accept our mails....but that's an other issue) I set this up for 3 domains and they all could send after this setup. So I don't think it's related, but just want to mention just to be sure I mention everything.
Now, a couple days have past and 2 domains still can send without any problem, but one of the domains is holding all mails in the Internet Mail Gateway. To be sure I turned of opendkim, but doesn't help. I did a test directly from sendmail and sendmail is sending without any problem (so are all other 30+ domains on my server)

I tried to delete the oldest messages (which were of myself so nobody is missing anything :wink: ) and also moving messages to the Error queue and moved them back one by one and even did a new message in a clean queue (after I moved them all to the error queue)....but nothing works and still only the specific domain isn't sending....

When I look into the messages log I get the following reports:

REPORT Internet Mail (Outgoing ) 12.01.21 21:31:18
[OM 24140] A character set conversion between utf-8 and IA5 has failed.

REPORT Internet Mail (Outgoing ) 12.01.21 21:31:18
[OM 24140] A character set conversion between utf-8 and ISO8859_1 has failed.

REPORT Internet Mail (Outgoing ) 12.01.21 21:31:19
[OM.UX 3003] The SMTP conversation had a transient failure. Message requeued.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the OM 24140 is just a conversion problem, but not a problem which holds the mails....but the OM.UX 3003 is the problem I think (also since I've got a lot of 3003 errors)
Does anyone know what the SMTP conversation problem is? Or how I could troubleshoot it?
There are 10 people who understand binary, they who do and they who don't.

jbru

Re: One domain not sending from internet mail gateway

Postby jbru » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:51 am

Oops...I feel so dumb...it turns out it was opendkim :oops: When i looked in the log files again I noticed one line saying the group on the keyfile was group 0

Somehow the group changed from opendkim group to root on the key file. And therefore Opendkim blocks it for security reasons.

So happy it works again!....now the next problem: Google blocking my server for some reason (which is not on a blacklist)...

But the initial case closed!
There are 10 people who understand binary, they who do and they who don't.

Return to “Scalix Server”