Signatures being reset to default signature..

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

MrDan

Signatures being reset to default signature..

Postby MrDan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:17 pm

Hello,

I have recently installed Scalix community edition (v11.0.2.17) on a OpenSuSE 10.1 server. Brief background: Fairly small company, currently trialling Scalix as replacement to our limited apache-james setup.

What I was hoping to achieve was this: To set a standard signature for all users

I believe I cannot infill the first and last names into the signature, so I was hoping instead to set a correctly formatted signature which the users just update to be relevant to them.

Basically, I edited the /var/opt/scalix/??/webmail/swa.properties and set the following:

Code: Select all

swa.user.signatureText=--<br>FirstName LastName<br>Employee, Some Company
swa.user.signatureActive=true

Then restarted and the default signature appeared in all users.

The problem is that after the users update the signature to set their name etc., this works fine for a while, but the signatures revert back to the default one defined in the swa.properties file as soon as the service is restarted (e.g. /etc/init.d/scalix-tomcat restart)

Does anyone know a way of stopping this? Or even better in the signatureText line is there a way to infill the users first name, last name, position in company, phone number etc.?

Thank you

Dan

MrDan

Postby MrDan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 pm

As a further note to this, it appears I incorrectly diagnosed the behaviour. What seems to be happening is that the the options (including signature etc.) are not being remembered for longer than the session in SWA. So, does anyone know:

a) Which scalix process will write / remember the options when they are modified from SWA (so I can look at the correct logs)
    b) Where are the user specific options (e.g. signature) held on the file system?

All of this is being done using HTTPS which has been setup in apache. I mention this in case HTTPS is causing the options not to be saved correctly?

Thank you for any help, or pointers in the right direction.

Dan

gracedman

Suddenly cannot create signatures

Postby gracedman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:17 pm

I don't think it is the HTTPS. We've not implemented it yet (sadly) but have suddenly had problems with signatures in SWA.

We had set up signatures when we first piloted Scalix 11 beta 2. These were set up from within SWA. We are currently running 11.0.1.21 (not sure of the last number) on Fedora Core 5 in a Xen virtual machine. Yesterday, the server stopped responding. After trying unsuccessfully to stop it (service scalix stop just sat and laughed at us), we crashed it out by destroying the Xen VM.

After rebooting, I noticed that my SWA options seem to have been lost. I was able to reset most of them but I cannot recreate my signature. No many how many times I enter it, it is not saved.

This is quite embarrassing both from not having a signature on my e-mails and because we had very high hopes for Scalix and this and several other glitches are making us second guess our choice. Any ideas why signatures are now completely broken in SWA? Thanks - John
John A. Sullivan III
Atlas Group

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source enterprise class network security management system, please visit http://iscs.sourceforge.net

kjakkanen

Re: Signatures being reset to default signature..

Postby kjakkanen » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:15 am

Unfortunately I don't have an answer why this happens, but thought I'd bring this thread back alive since we're experiencing the same behavior still with Scalix 11.4. It's not with all users though, only one so far. But still, no clue where to start unveiling the reason from? Anyone?

/Kimmo

Return to “Scalix Web Access”