Viewing resource calendars in SWA

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

sjefferies

Viewing resource calendars in SWA

Postby sjefferies » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Hi,

Currently we are evaluating Scalix 11. We are considering replacing our existing POP3 server with scalix.

I have noticed that there is no way to view the resource calendar in SWA. Some of our users may not be using Outlook.

I am only able to see if the resource is (a meeting room in our case) booked in SWA by trying create a event and adding as a resource at the time to see if it has been booked.

Is there any way to view the a resource calendar in SWA? I can do this in Outlook by opening the shared calendar.

Thanks

scholes

Postby scholes » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:37 pm

I suppose you could create an additional user calendar and share it, or create a true public calendar. If you do omaddbb -s 'Folder Name' you create a public area in which you can create a calendar. The user that creates the calendar can then assign permissions.

sjefferies

Postby sjefferies » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi,

I did create a shared calendar in the Public Folder. If I try and book meeting requests it does work. I do get a message box stating that meeting invitations will not be tallied for this meeting. And the reminder of meeting will not appear because item is in a public folder.

I assume this is a limitation of using shared calendars in the public folders?

scholes wrote:I suppose you could create an additional user calendar and share it, or create a true public calendar. If you do omaddbb -s 'Folder Name' you create a public area in which you can create a calendar. The user that creates the calendar can then assign permissions.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:57 am

The best way to do this is to create a Resource in SAC, as it acts like a normal user. Should be usable from SWA and Outlook.

Your users booking against it (Outlook and SWA) will have to be Premium users, but they need that for Public Folders too.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:42 am

To be able to fully look at the Resource's calendar, you will need to set it up as a "premium resource", using a license. If you create the resource through SAC or the ommodu command using the resource object type, it will have automatic permissions setup for it's calendar folder.

You should then be able to add it as an "additional" mailbox to both an Outlook account profile and/or an SWA profile.

However, in SWA it is not yet possible to directly "open another users folder" as it is in outlook.

Cheers,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

sjefferies

Postby sjefferies » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information. We have decided to create the shared calendars in Public Folders so the users will be able to use them in SWA. This way is working the best for us!

Thanks for all of your help.

aacservices

Re: Viewing resource calendars in SWA

Postby aacservices » Thu May 19, 2011 7:22 am

This seems to have stopped working for us :(

We added a premium resource in SAC called "Meeting"
We logged in as "Meeting" user in Outlook and modified the claendar permissions to allow other users to add appointments
A user can add an appointment via webmail but not in Outlook.
If the user tries to view or add anything on the "Meeting" calendar Outlook complains with a notification saying Free/Busy information isn't available?
Any ideas what is going wrong?
Have I missed a step?
This is working correctly for two other calendars that we set up as resources 18 months ago

Return to “Scalix Web Access”