Webmail VERY SLOW after upgrade to 9.2.1

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

BigBirdy

Webmail VERY SLOW after upgrade to 9.2.1

Postby BigBirdy » Mon May 16, 2005 12:02 pm

I recently upgraded to the 9.2.1 release from the pre-release version and now when loggin in to the webmail interface, it takes more than 2 minutes or so to eventually get the webmail interface loaded? Navigating around from folder to folder is also EXTREMELY sluggish and sometimes non-responsive? How can I diagnose this problem and fix it.

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Webmail VERY SLOW after upgrade to 9.2.1

Postby ScalixSupport » Wed May 18, 2005 12:14 pm

BigBirdy wrote:I recently upgraded to the 9.2.1 release from the pre-release version and now when loggin in to the webmail interface, it takes more than 2 minutes or so to eventually get the webmail interface loaded? Navigating around from folder to folder is also EXTREMELY sluggish and sometimes non-responsive? How can I diagnose this problem and fix it.

Scalix upgrades message store containers the first time a user accesses them with Scalix Web Access after upgrading to Scalix 9.2. This minimizes disruption to the Scalix Server, but users with a large number of messages in their folders might notice reduced client-server performance when they access the Scalix 9.2 message store for the first time.

Administrators may use the omtidyallu -M command to upgrade the message store containers for all users.

Scalix recommends that you perform this task in off hours (nights or weekends) to minimize impact on the Scalix Server.

This is also in the Release Notes, always excellent reading material, straight from the source! ;-)

Cheers,

Sascha.

jbru

Re: Webmail VERY SLOW after upgrade to 9.2.1

Postby jbru » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:11 am

You're replying on quite a old topic, maybe better to open a new one the next time (topic is about scalix 9.x, so I don't think you have 9.x, do you :) )

But to answer your question. Did you look at the cpu-usage? And memory usage? Maybe you could delete files older than 3 days in /var/opt/scalix/??/s/temp (search the forums for the right script) I think it could speed up things.

Other tip. Always mention your Scalix and OS version, so the pro's can see if it's a known problem or user specific problem.
There are 10 people who understand binary, they who do and they who don't.

Return to “Scalix Web Access”