Corrupted public folder - inaccessable

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

jeremys

Corrupted public folder - inaccessable

Postby jeremys » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:49 am

Hi,
We have several (100+) public folders, and it appears one of the subfolders has become corrupted somehow. Everytime we try to access this one folder we get the following error message:
"this command is not allowed in this context".

We can't delete it, or move it or anything, even when logged in as an administrator.
One suggestion was to create a profile in Outlook, (as admin), then export the whole of the public folders, afterwhich we delete the whole public folders, and then re-import them all back again !
Now I don't have any qualms about doing it, but it's going to take ages, and I'm not sure it'll fix it !!
It's several gigs worth of data, and is used by several hundred people, so would they need to be off the system, and would it work anyway ?

The guy that normally looks after this stuff is off, so it's down to me :roll:

Anyone had this one before ?

mikethebike

Re: Corrupted public folder - inaccessable

Postby mikethebike » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:13 am

Jeremy,

I would have a look at the event log to see if you can idetify the problem item (omshowlog). You may need to increase logging levels (omconflvl) to see any useful information.

You could then use omcontain to remove the offending item. I have an old openmail technical note which is a good tutorial on omcontain if you would like it...PM me if you do.

Mick

polleke

Re: Corrupted public folder - inaccessable

Postby polleke » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:05 am

Why not post that in the wiki so others can benefit aswell
Kind regards,

Paul

Return to “Scalix Web Access”