Rules wizard - Addional conditions available on command line

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

jonnydoom

Rules wizard - Addional conditions available on command line

Postby jonnydoom » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi there I am trying to add a condition to one of my rules which sends an auto reply to everyone except people I specify.

If I email someone at the moment who is not on my list of accepted users and they respond they will get the auto reply. However as I am emailing them in the first place, I want them to be able to reply without getting the auto reply.
I thought if I could add a condition Subject - does not contain - "PASS", then any email I receive with the subject of "PASS - blah blah blah" would not get the response, however this is not an option, only 'Contains' is there when I select 'Subject' as a condition.

Is there a way around this in the SWA or can it but done on the command line?

kanderson

Re: Rules wizard - Addional conditions available on command line

Postby kanderson » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:22 am

At the command line, type sxaa, and check the conditions. I believe you could likely figure something out.

Be aware though, those will be rules, not out of office messages. They ARE different. Rules will work always, whereas OOO messages will only happen once per day per recipient (by default). So you would likely see that effect already if you used an out of office, rather than a rule.

Kev.

BaldBoy

Postby BaldBoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 am

You can find useful info here

http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13899#p68305

Regards

jonnydoom

Postby jonnydoom » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:02 am

Hi, thanks for the reponses.

I have enabled the rule which will send my auto reply if the word "chkd" is not in the subject line (sxaa --user "jonnydoom" --reply simple.txt --not --subject "chkd" --title "Auto Response") however this will reply to all emails without "chkd" in the subject. Is there an additional condition I can specify so it is only sent if the email comes from within my own domain.

I.e If an email is sent to me from *@mydomain.co.uk and does not contain "chkd" in the subject line, the auto reply is sent.

Or better still, is there a command which will let me directly edit one of my existing rules on the command line. I have a rule in place which sends an auto response to any sender in our domain but a list of exception addresses are specified like this:

[root@mail1 ~]# sxaa --user "jonnydoom" --info 602
Conditions
----------
Sender = "S=%%@mydomain.co.uk%"
DL Name = "S=%jonnydoom@mydomain.co.uk%"
Sender not = "S=%user1@mydomain.co.uk%"
Sender not = "S=%user2@mydomain.co.uk%"

If I could add the additional rule to this rule it would be perfect. Is it possible to edit this file using vim? If so what file should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

kanderson

Postby kanderson » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 pm

That info is stored in the 3d file. If I remember correctly, you'll use tfbrowse to look at it, and then you can make changes from there.

Personally, I'd recommend using Outlook to make the rule. It'll be far easier.

Kev.

Return to “Scalix Web Access”