SWA and booking resources

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

steini

SWA and booking resources

Postby steini » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 am

Hi

I have just upgraded scalix from 11.4.3 to 11.4.6, that went well except from a bug in tomcat regarding character sets, I did find a patch for that, which was nice, but there is still a problem with the webmail.
I cannot book a resource with swa, It does not matter how I chose the resource (address book or directly) I always get the answer:

The resource "meetingroom@xxx.xx" has not been configured to automatically accept meeting requests
or process cancellations. Please contact your system administrator.

This happens with all our resources.
The resources are correctly set up, as far as I know, and are working fine in outlook.

Do any of you scalix gurus have an idea what could be the problem here ?

Regards
/Steini

echelon

Re: SWA and booking resources

Postby echelon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 am

I recently upgraded from 11.4.4. to 11.4.6 and I do not have any problems with booking resources in SWA. When you said outlook is working "as far as you know" did you actually try booking a resource in Outlook? If it appears to book in Outlook, can you login to via SWA Or Outlook as the resource to verify it really did book?

Did you try creating a new resource since the upgrade? THe "omshowu" command should show the "resource flags" line.

steini

Postby steini » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi and thanks for replying

When I said "The resources are correctly set up, as far as I know, and are working fine in outlook." I meant The resources are correctly set up, as far as I know. They are working fine in outlook.
I should have mentioned that I have tried booking in outllook.
I assume that since I am not getting an error when booking in outlook, and I get the "resource succeccfully booked" that it is indeed booked.
If not then I have an even more serious problem than I thought at first, but I am pretty sure the resources are really being booked when using outlook and that this is an swa problem. (I did log in as the resource and it is indeed booked)
I have not created any new resources since the upgrade.

echelon

Postby echelon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:52 pm

I realized that booking resource accounts in SWA under 11.4.6 is NOT actually working correctly for me either. If I attempt to reserve a resource in Outlook, and that resource is already reserved, I get a rejection message (as expected.) If I schedule a meeting via SWA, I am NOT notified if there is a conflict. If you login to outlook as the resource account, you can see an open invitation in the calendar that is conflicting with SWA. However, since the meeting organizer was never notified the resource room has now effectively been double booked.

I am using SWA in Firefox 3.5.8 under Fedora Core 11.

echelon

Postby echelon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 pm

As I look through the Scalix forums, I see that SWA has a known years old bug for booking resources.

http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12834&p=59224#p59224
http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11007&p=50217&hilit=double#p50217

Which I think means we will be moving to Exchange.

echelon

Postby echelon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:20 am

I looked through the bug report (12084) on bugzilla.scalix.com. I was a little unhappy to see the comment "If you want more attention and possibly some impact on priority, you should have a support entitlement and open a support ticket with Scalix Support."

I appreciate that software can be complex, especially e-mail which involves a mix server OS's and client types and versions, and that you can't test for an infinite number of combinations and possible bugs. That is why all software vendors have to issue security and bugfix patches. I also agree that it may be unreasonable to expect immediate support for the latest version of MS Office or the latest Droid phone. (THe latest droid's still have bugs that have nothing to do with Scalix or Exchange.) And I also appreciate that if a problem is specific to my environment I may have to pay for the support call.

However, when I purchase software that claims a feature is already supported, and when the feature does not work properly, and it is clearly a long known problem with the software (and not my setup), then I don't believe it is reasonable to expect the customer to shoulder the responsibility (and cost) of getting it fixed.

Just my 2 cents. (Scalix still has some major advantages over MS Exchange.)

steini

Postby steini » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 am

Still no response to this from scalix folks, do you not care ?

Return to “Scalix Web Access”