ruls

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

nuk1

ruls

Postby nuk1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:51 am

Hi guys

i set up a scalix server and a user called archiv with the mail adresses archiv@domainname.com and office@domainname.com and now i go to the webaccess of this user an wantet a rule that all mails to office@domainname.com will be moved to the Inbox/office folder but it doesnt work can you say me some tipps cause i dont know why it dont works

deyjvu

Re: ruls

Postby deyjvu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 am

Sorry for the late response but just saw your post. Did you sort this out?

If I understand your question correctly you want any mail that comes in addressed to office to go into a folder called Inbox/office. Well for a start I suggest you create the folder under the Mailbox and not under the Inbox but that´s just my ´soap box issue´. When you create a new folder you can chose whether it is created under the Mailbox, Inbox or any other folder. By default Scalix has the Inbox hightlighted but you don´t have to create the folder under the Inbox. It would make sense to have a folder structure for Office separate to the other email address, in my opinion.

Did you create the rule to specify the condition that mail ´sent to´ office@ was filed into the folder Inbox/office? Just to be on the safe side, log out and back in as the user and send a test message. If it doesn´t appear, check the omshowlog for any errors. If still nothing then up the logging on the Local Delivery, retest, recheck the omshowlog for the level that you set for Local Delivery for instance if you set it to 9: omshowlog -p 5 -s local -l 9 (the -p is period so last 5 mins or whatever time is appropriate).

Return to “Scalix Web Access”