multiple users for single mail account

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

sureshsirichandra

multiple users for single mail account

Postby sureshsirichandra » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 am

Hi all,

Can I know that we can or can't configure a single Scalix mail account to use for several users? That means, those all users should be able to login that account and read/write mails in same time which another has already logged in. Should I have to configure other mail client to achieve this because of the "session expired" error in SWA.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Re: multiple users for single mail account

Postby florian » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:07 pm

due to the way browser session management works with SWA and it's multi-window webapp, you cannot run multiple instances of SWA from a single browser, using different users.

there is an internal enhancement to change this behavior, which is by design, but given the architectural complexities this comes with, it is unlikely to be looked at any time soon.

you can run multiple sessions by using different browsers, i.e. if you're on windows you can run one user in IE and one in FF.

Florian
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

sureshsirichandra

Postby sureshsirichandra » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:36 am

Thanks very much for reply.

I want to know further, can we use SWA to simultaneously use a single mail box by several users. Means, access same mail box by several people in one time in SWA. This is very related to
"http://www.scalix.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_do_I_set_up_Delegate_Access%3F" contents. But it is doing using MS Outlook. Can we do it using Scalix webmail?

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 am

sure - as long as these multiple instances of SWA are running in different browsers/on different PCs, not an issue.

note, however, that delegate access is somewhat different (acting on behalf of, two user accounts involved, one delegate, once principal) from multiple logins with the same primary account, although both will work.

Florian
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

johnsonfredral

Postby johnsonfredral » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:14 am

thanks for sharing :)

Return to “Scalix Web Access”