Send email from alias email addresses

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

natediggs

Send email from alias email addresses

Postby natediggs » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Everyone,

For my company I have 3 different domains that we use for branding purposes. I want my people to be able to send email FROM all of these email addresses but I can't find an easy way to do it. Do I have to create additional mailboxes for each of these clients and make people delegates for the accounts in order to allow them to send email from the other accounts? One of the domains will be going away soon but I'd still like my people to be able to send email from both of the domains we use.

Thanks for your help.

Nate

kanderson

Re: Send email from alias email addresses

Postby kanderson » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:54 am

With Outlook in MAPI mode, there is no good solution for this at present. I've heard talk that it'll be addressed in a future version.

If you're using an IMAP client, you should be able to change the sender address. How to do that will depend on your client. With Kmail, I just set up different profiles.

Kev.

kanderson

Postby kanderson » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Wow, this is an old thread.

You can override the email address in the web client, It's in the tools menu somewhere, I believe, but it's really best said that 11.5 will bring this functionality to the webclient in a correct and supportable way.

Kev.

ltward

Postby ltward » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Kevin is right about 11.5, it will allow this and it has a lot of other super features. I've seen a demo and it's quite exciting.

If you want SWA users to be allowed to change their FROM address you may need to edit a setting in /var/opt/scalix/??/webmail/swa.properties:
swa.allusers.allowFromReplyToModification=true

aacservices

Postby aacservices » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:52 am

I love these 2 year old threads with the "wait-for-11.5-release" solution :roll:
It seems like you can only change the reply-to address in the options not who it is sent from
Going to try setting up a pop3 outlook profile purely for sending out and see how that works

Return to “Scalix Web Access”