Out of Office reply only gets sent once

Discuss the Scalix web client

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

dpinkston

Out of Office reply only gets sent once

Postby dpinkston » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:14 am

When someone is sent an e-mail and they have the OOO turned on, the person sending only gets one OOO reply. The complaint is that the sender will attempt again the next week when they are still OOO and then they get no OOO reply.

Customer have been complaining about this saying that our employees are not communicating like they should be. The reality is that the customer is forgetting the employee is still out of the office, and there is no OOO reply (after the first one) that gets sent back.

Is there a way to change the amount of times a OOO reply gets sent?

Ver: 11.4.3.11863

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Out of Office reply only gets sent once

Postby florian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:12 pm

that's actually a feature, and is there to avoid bouncing out-of-office emails between two people who are out of office. also, I would actually find it very annoying if I got a separate OOO for each message I send to a person.

the default for the suppression period is a week and it can be reconfigured in SAC on a system-wide basis.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

dpinkston

Postby dpinkston » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Where can I find that in SAC?

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 pm

man ... I am a busy person - is it really too much to ask that, if you get help from the source for free, you at least search around a bit yourself in those 25 screens SAC has to offer.

Not that it would be in a non-logical place?? see screenshot. as a little penalty, I haven't bothered to change my browser language away from being german!

Florian

whywhy.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Scalix Web Access”