Connector Login Problems

Discuss Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server and use of BlackBerry devices with Scalix.
cdonovan

Connector Login Problems

Postby cdonovan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:39 am

I originally had this posted under BES Express topic, but I have now realized that it is NOT specific the BES Express as when I switch to BES 5.0, I get the same result.

I have Connector version 1.0.1.9246 running on Windows 2003 Server, Outlook 2007, BES 5.0.x connected to Scalix 11.4.6 Hosting Edition. Messages, Calendar items and Contacts are strickly ONE WAY, Outlook/SWA to Blackberry! Anything done on the BB does not go back!

I finally discovered where the logs where for the Connector and found MULTIPLE entries of the following!

"21625 02:17:41.703",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," Logon failed - The username or password is incorrect. Note that passwords are case sensitive. Try again. "

It would appear to me that the connector is NOT logging in back to the server in Hosted Mode. When I launch Outlook from the server the BlackBerry Manager, Blackberry Server and BlackberryServer_MailStoreProfile all connect OK...

I have a feeling that the BES encrypts a password somehow when connecting back for device updates but I'm not sure!!

Can anyone help ??

Jeremy James

Re: Connector Login Problems

Postby Jeremy James » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am

@cdonovan/eotnetworks : Are you both using the hosted scalix edition?

@cdonovan: where are the connector logs installed, i would check in my server if i hve these entries too

thanks

cdonovan

Re: Connector Login Problems

Postby cdonovan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks guys... Hate to say it, but I'm glad someone else is having the same issue. Misery LOVES company. I've been trying to get this going for weeks! The Scalix logs are in C:\Documents and Settings\besadmin\Local Settings\Temp\scalixmail-DATE.csv.
Mine are full of this Login Error.
I am on Scalix Hosted Edition and have FULL ONE WAY communication with my BB's...

I'll check my Scalix Server logs!

Thanks Jeremy!!

Return to “Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server”