BES Express

Discuss Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server and use of BlackBerry devices with Scalix.
Jeremy James

Re: BES Express

Postby Jeremy James » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:42 am

Hello Chris, i am unable to help you with your particular problem at the moment but one info for you since you've been asking this: Yesterday i set up the BESX , running on Windows 2003 Server in a VirtualBox VM on Centos 5.1

The scalix server is 11.4.5 running on a different Centos 5.1 machine.

So far the blackberry connectivity is working like a charm, so whatever is causing youre problems at the moment, must be related to some other issue, but generally it seems that BESX does work with the scalix blackberry connector.

Jeremy James

Postby Jeremy James » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:17 pm

jangi wrote:Did you follow the installation notes for the Scalix Connect for BES? Specifically regarding the order, and the installation of a certain version of the CDO library?

i did it exactly as described here:
http://downloads.scalix.com/rn/scalix-besconnect-1.0.1-GA-releasenotes.html

and since i had installed BESX after having read the posts in this forum, i had especially checked to find the differences in the order of installation between http://downloads.scalix.com/rn/scalix-besconnect-1.0.1-GA-releasenotes.html and http://downloads.scalix.com/rn/scalix-besconnect-1.0.0-GA-releasenotes.html and could not find a difference in the installation order!

The CDO library i used was the one mentioned in the release notes file, actually i just followed the installation instructions.

cdonovan

Postby cdonovan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 am

I followed the 1.0.1 notes to a tee... I've rebuit the server 4 times now, and you know how long that take with that 'W' operating system. The last time I even try BES 5.0 trial edition with much the same result.

I don't quite know what you mean by a 'certain CDO edition'... They said to use the 'latest' from Microsoft however I JUST noticed that the latest was published in 2010, after the release notes... Do you think taht this could be the issue??

cdonovan

Postby cdonovan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:29 am

You're right! The order was the same for 1.0 and 1.0.1, my mistake. Well whatever I'l doing wrong, I've done it wrong 4 times. Thanks for your input and, you're sure that BB is updating Scalic calendar???

I'm using 11.4.6 Hosting Edition on Centos 5.4 and the release notes with BESX 5.0.1... Everything is OK except BB not updaing back for Calendar and Contacts. Email both ways and delete both ways is fine!!

cdonovan

Postby cdonovan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Looking around the system for more information, I found 100's of these entries in the Scalix for BES logs... These suggest to me that the BESadmin account that I setup is not passing correct user logins and password from the BES to the Scalix server. Is there something that I'm missing from the Scalix end ?? I am somewhat of a Scalix newbie!!

I set it up as suggested! omaddu -n "BESAdmin/company" -p bbpassword -c mboxadmin besadmin...

100' of these...
"45297 11:06:58.750",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," Caught exception:"
"45298 11:06:58.750",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," Exception Type: HResult Function: CABLogon::Create Source Line No: 1548 HResult: 0x80040113"
"45299 11:06:58.750",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," The user cancelled a task or request in progress."
"45405 11:07:00.906",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," Logon failed - The username or password is incorrect. Note that passwords are case sensitive. Try again. "

Thanks...

BaldBoy

Postby BaldBoy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:19 am

I had exactly the same problems. Solved.
Look at my how-to. http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17560

Return to “Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server”