No accents on BB devices - MAPI or HTML encoding problem?

Discuss Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server and use of BlackBerry devices with Scalix.
Dominique

No accents on BB devices - MAPI or HTML encoding problem?

Postby Dominique » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:09 pm

I setup a BES Express server 5.0.2 that has been running for 4 months. It runs on a Windows Server 2003 R2. I run Scalix 11.4.

The problem I have is that when I receive emails on the BB device they are missing the french accents in the HTML format. For a given message, if I select the option "Get plain text", then all the accents show properly. When I switch it back to HTML they all go again.

It does this when I receive emails composed in french from an external address that was sent either with Outlook 2003 or Yahoo mail (tested so far).

However, when I send to myself using Outlook, the message that show up on the BB is fine with all the accents.

There is no such issue when using a straight @bell.blackberry.net email address. Only with our own BES Express setup.

I am wondering if it would simply be a configuration issue in the BES Express, SQL Server DB or even a registry hack for the CDO or MAPI Connector.

Thanking you in advance for any information that might help us.

Jeremy James

Re: No accents on BB devices - MAPI or HTML encoding problem?

Postby Jeremy James » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 pm

have the same problem with german "accents", we call them umlauts

tickets have been raised with Xandros Support for over a year know, they know about the problem and said in the next release it will be fixed. so get prepared that it might be fixed, lets say, in October 2018. Or 2020.

Return to “Scalix Connect for Blackberry Enterprise Server”