I setup a BES Express server 5.0.2 that has been running for 4 months. It runs on a Windows Server 2003 R2. I run Scalix 11.4.
The problem I have is that when I receive emails on the BB device they are missing the french accents in the HTML format. For a given message, if I select the option "Get plain text", then all the accents show properly. When I switch it back to HTML they all go again.
It does this when I receive emails composed in french from an external address that was sent either with Outlook 2003 or Yahoo mail (tested so far).
However, when I send to myself using Outlook, the message that show up on the BB is fine with all the accents.
There is no such issue when using a straight @bell.blackberry.net email address. Only with our own BES Express setup.
I am wondering if it would simply be a configuration issue in the BES Express, SQL Server DB or even a registry hack for the CDO or MAPI Connector.
Thanking you in advance for any information that might help us.