Next Activesync update ?

Forum to discuss the Scalix ActiveSync product

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

a.schild

Next Activesync update ?

Postby a.schild » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:12 am

Hello,

we have purchased some SBS Licences for a client to be able to sync their HTC Desire phones with scalix.
Unfortunally it has proved to not be a combination which works as the users (and we) expected.

Major issues with emails and content disappearing on the mobiles, umlauts not synced correctly etc.

The problem is known in this forum for over a month, but so far no scalix people have commented on this and
rumors are that there will be no more ActiveSync upgrades for 1.4.x and everything is hold back for the 1.5 release which has a unknown release date.... :cry:

Is there a time frame where we can expect a solution to these problems ?
Also having to wait until January 2011 for Outlook 2010 support is not helpful for (enduser) confidence in our and your company....

André

mxx

Re: Next Activesync update ?

Postby mxx » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Hmm, Florian posted that there will very likely be a patch release before 1.5. Maybe this will address some bugs with ActiveSync too? I don't know but it would be VERY nice and badly needed.

BTW: still using my Legend without any problems syncing everything but tasks. There were problems with some "malformed" calendar entries and contacts though which prevented syncing. After fixing that everything's smooth. Of course this would be an impossible task when there were hundreds or even thousands of entries in that mailbox..

mrezzonico

Postby mrezzonico » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 am

Hi André

I am very interested in Outlook 2010 support.

You write
Also having to wait until January 2011 for Outlook 2010 support ...

Can you confirm me that there will be support for Outlook 2010 in January 2011 ?
Looking in the new functions for 11.5 (http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17018), support for Outlook 2010 is not mentioned.

Regard. Miche

a.schild

Postby a.schild » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:50 am

mrezzonico wrote:Hi André

I am very interested in Outlook 2010 support.

You write
Also having to wait until January 2011 for Outlook 2010 support ...

Can you confirm me that there will be support for Outlook 2010 in January 2011 ?
Looking in the new functions for 11.5 (http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17018), support for Outlook 2010 is not mentioned.

Regard. Miche

I'm not a scalix official, so I can't answer that question.
In the forum there was a post about outlook 2010 support early 2011...

tkloos

Postby tkloos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:46 am

Hi,

We discover the same issues with out HTC Wildfire. I am nos sure, if or when there will be a fixed release at all, since 11.4.6 is more then one (!) year old now.
I really am getting suspicious about the future of SCALIX at all!

Greetings
Thomas

tsanchez88

Postby tsanchez88 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:07 pm

My software support contract is up for renewal soon, and if I'm correct there hasn't been any kind of fix released this calendar year. If I want to open a ticket on some of the issues that I have with Scalix Connect and ActiveSync I have to pay even more for that option and from feedback in the forums, there's no guarantee that I will get a fix any faster than just waiting for the next release anyways. I think our company will have a through talk internally before anything is renewed this year.

tkloos

Postby tkloos » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 pm

So, let's face the facts, SCALIX is about to commit suicide!
A shame indeed!

a.schild

Postby a.schild » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Also the message in the web interface that only firefox 2,3 and IE 6,7,8 are supported is shown to every firefox user with a current browser since months looks like disinterested scalix/xandros company to provide something like bugfixes

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Could you please explain the technical relationship of your posts to Scalix ActiveSync?
I can understand that partners and customers are waiting for the updates. My company has invested a lot of money into projects based on 11.5. So we are definitely affected too.

But your posts are completely unrelated to technical discussions. Please post either in the Feedback area or go to Heise or some "Z"-forum.

Someone should start to moderate.

a.schild

Postby a.schild » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 pm

ls-al wrote:Could you please explain the technical relationship of your posts to Scalix ActiveSync?
I can understand that partners and customers are waiting for the updates. My company has invested a lot of money into projects based on 11.5. So we are definitely affected too.
But your posts are completely unrelated to technical discussions. Please post either in the Feedback area or go to Heise or some "Z"-forum.

We have the active sync problem reported here first 16.June 2010, then we got 1 suggestion from scalix, which did not work.
Then no reaction from scalix on the different posts/questions from users in the forum for 2.5 months...

Then about 3 Threads and a lot of messages later, another scalix post apears here with

ls-al wrote:Someone should start to moderate.

Perhaps scalix should answer user questions, then there would not be the need to moderate :(

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:56 pm

This forum is not a replacement for a support contract. It is a user2user forum and was intentionally created to build a place to share knowledge between community users.
There is no SLA and no obligation for Scalix staff to respond also it would be nice if they would do.
I am not writing on behalf of Scalix. Its not too hard to figure this out.

And we are still off-topic as well as most posts in this thread.

a.schild

Postby a.schild » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Ok,

(Entschuldigung falls du dich persönlich angegriffen gefühlt hast, war nicht meine Absicht)

so back to the thread:

So we have no news, roadmap or whatever, when/if either a 11.4.x.y bugfix or the 11.5 release will be done.

And now I will be quiet and make my own conclusions.

André

mxx

Postby mxx » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:09 am

I'd love to see a patch release, especially for Active Sync.

Please if there's any info on any roadmap whatsoever tell us if/when you know something.

Thanks,

Max

Return to “Scalix ActiveSync”