iPhone resets changed outlook calendar records

Forum to discuss the Scalix ActiveSync product

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

daniel

iPhone resets changed outlook calendar records

Postby daniel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:22 pm

I upgrade my scalix 11.4.3 to 11.4.6 and install active sync. I configure my iPhone for active sync and it seems working fine. My email, calendar and contacts were synchronized fine. When I changed an appointment of my calendar with my iPhone it would be synchronized fine via active sync in my outlook over the saclix server, but when I changed this appointment later in outlook, this same appointment will always resets to the older iPhone changes. The only way in this time, is to delete this appointment in outlook and create this new.

I found no settings in my iPhone or in scalix to configure this terrible action.

Has anybody an idea what’s happened here?

daniel

Re: iPhone resets changed outlook calendar records

Postby daniel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Has nobody an idea?

daniel

Postby daniel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:10 pm

The issue seems similar when changes will make by iPhone and in the webaccess. Sometimes the first change at an appointment in iPhone or webaccess seems synchronized fine but by next change at the same appointment it would not be synchronized.

Have nobody an idea?

daniel

Postby daniel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:02 pm

So I tested my iPhone with the google active sync and it works wonderful, so it is definitively an issue of scalix active sync. I am very surprised to see in this forum how many have issues with this scalix active sync software. It seems not that it is in final status, seems more similarity to beta status.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:26 am

daniel wrote:So I tested my iPhone with the google active sync and it works wonderful, so it is definitively an issue of scalix active sync. I am very surprised to see in this forum how many have issues with this scalix active sync software. It seems not that it is in final status, seems more similarity to beta status.

This statement seems to be a bit useless as there is no *direct* access to the Google Calendar from Outlook. I have heavy doubts that you have tested by using in a comparable environment, e.g. the same data.
There are probably several possible definition of "beta status" for a piece of software. If you'd define it as "bug-free" you would probably never get any release. AS is a 1.0.x release. There are known issues documented in the Releasenotes and in ScalixZilla.
Your issue may be related to one of them.

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:30 am

ScalixGermany wrote:...

Very interesting nickname...

SCNR

daniel

Postby daniel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:59 am

Yesterday I telephone to a scalix employee and he told me, that I and my customer must wait for the, he hope, active sync “final” version, which should be released with the 11.4.7 in approx. two month. Before that release, there is no other solution. :cry:

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:38 am

The last statement needs to be clarified. (Yes, I have talked to the mentioned Scalix employee).

The 11.4.7 patch release and the 11.5 release will also include for known ActiveSync issues. This is the usual process.
The wording 'active sync "final" version' is a free interpretion of the threadstarter.

Release dates will be published by the product management and are based on the development and QA cycles. At the moment there are only estimates.
And its not just my personal opinion that informations given to a reseller in a direct conversation should never be published in a community area.

daniel

Postby daniel » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:12 pm

ScalixGermany I completely agree with you.
ls-al the time for „support games“ is really over. It is time for scalix to solve immediately this buggy active sync software, because the core functions not really working.

What do you call that? I call that beta status.

What should I say a customer, who buys this active sync software and needs this active sync functions?

So, the only important question is when is the “final” active sync version available, where all core functions working perfect?

TargetPractise

Postby TargetPractise » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:57 pm

ScalixGermany wrote:
And its not just my personal opinion that informations given to a reseller in a direct conversation should never be published in a community area.

Sorry I dont think this is the right way...
Many users have problems with active sync provided by scalix, scalix has been sold as a product that can handle mobile devices, it was in battle with other systems, eg. exchange. For people who decided to use scalix its now not easy to bring forward the argument that it was the right way to use scalix for mobile solutions, because we do not now when the AS problems will be fixed. The opponents against scalix are growing ... and the arguments, when it will work stable, are decreasing.....
Scalix had lots of problems in the past with different issues, but they could be handeled. The actuall AS problems cant be handeled right now, the mobile devices are not useable ... AS is not working with scalix right now ... sorry but this is my opinion.

We went through all of this, convincing our customers to move to this platform... now, theyre starting to move away from scalix. Our lack of any progress in resolving the customers issues has simply resulted in them disliking the product and moving back to Exchange.

We've been left with no alternate but to start scaling back our scalix deployment and reinvesting in exchange, not because its what we want to do, simply because our customers want to use their iPhone/Nexus/whatever else like they can using other solutions.

Return to “Scalix ActiveSync”