Possible Fix for HTC mail disappearing issue

Forum to discuss the Scalix ActiveSync product

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

sgreen

Possible Fix for HTC mail disappearing issue

Postby sgreen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Go find a vanilla email.apk and install that. Works great on the incredible I am testing. I am syncing cal and contact using the built in client and have disabled the built in email sync.

tkloos

HTC mail disappearing issue

Postby tkloos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:42 am

Hallo,
sice I am discovering the same issue of disappearing E-Mail contents I must report further Problems:

: Sent mails are not stored in the 'sent Items' folders
: contacts marked in the 'favorites' disappear completely from the phone after next sync. They must be exported/imported in the Outlook-Client to appear again.

There might be some other E-Mail clients, like Touchdown etc, but there should be a solution to this problem, not a workarround.

My SCALIX version is 11.4.6 with latest ActiveSync. Mobile device is a HTC Wildfire with Android 2.1
Meanwhile I am not very positive about a solution, for the latest version/patch of scalix/activesync is mire then one year old. It ssems very likely to me, that devellopment has been stopped by xandros. This means to me, I have to stop recommending SCALIX as an alternative to Exchange to customers.

I am looking forward for florian's comment and/or suggestions

Cheers
Thomas

tsanchez88

Re: Possible Fix for HTC mail disappearing issue

Postby tsanchez88 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:00 pm

I used this idea as a work around myself. I obtained some "Vanilla" files for Email and manually installed them on the EVO 4Gs we have. The crazy thing was I ended up setting up email within the newly installed Email application, but I had to also create a profile under the contacts to sync the address book for the user separately. Now I'm hearing that some users are ending up with Duplicate calendar entries. The whole thing is turning into a big mess.

Return to “Scalix ActiveSync”