iPhone can't sync contacts with bad data connection..

Forum to discuss the Scalix ActiveSync product

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

GizmotroniX

iPhone can't sync contacts with bad data connection..

Postby GizmotroniX » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:18 am

Hello,

I've recreated this with several iPhones and user accounts and Scalix setups. When a user has a bad data connection, like edge, and take a look into his contacts, the iPhone tries to resync it, deletes all contacts on the phone but didn't get the sync from the server. So the user has no contacts left on the phone.

The strange thing too, is, if the user has a wlan connection again after this faulty sync, he didn't get the contacts synced from the server. The phone tries and tries but no contacts appear on it. Only after restart Scalix-Tomcat or move his contacts into a subfolder and move it back to contacts while syncing between then the contacts come back on the phone.

Any ideas what's going on here ?
We are talking about 600 contacts for one user.

Cheers,
Roland

tomster

Re: iPhone can't sync contacts with bad data connection..

Postby tomster » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:53 am

Did you read the thread below yours? http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17575

Are the iPhones involved running on OS4?
I had similar problems though (ok, they were less hassling) when my Nokia was on "always-on" (=24h). My Scalix server does a automated back-up each night where the server shuts down for about 1 hour.
When it came up again the phone wouldn't sync. OK, I didn't lose any contacts or emails, but it wouldn't re-initiate sync by itself. Strangely there were a respective number of connetions open on tomcat.
After manually initiating sync on the phone everything went back to normal and after some time the "zombie" connections got killed by tomcat.

Return to “Scalix ActiveSync”