ActiveSync Contact problems on Nokia N97

Forum to discuss the Scalix ActiveSync product

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

wayne@conversant.co.za

ActiveSync Contact problems on Nokia N97

Postby wayne@conversant.co.za » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 am

Hi,

We have latest Scalix version.

I tried to get ActivSync working because the Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51.0 on Windows 7 does not work with Scalix (I have always PC Suite on Vista with pretty good results - integrity of calendar/contacts was perfect). If anyone knows how to get PC suite working let me know. It sees the mailstore and structure, but the sync does nothing.

I got the ActiveSync connecting (Mail for Exchange 2.9) and it seems to do ok with mail and calendar items, but it fails with a "system error" during the contacts download, so 40% of my contacts are missing. It also renames the contacts, e.g. "bob bob" if I named contact bob.

I decided to stop using ActivSync as it does not look stable enough. Now I have not way to sync my contacts which is a most unfortunate regression for me.

Regards,
Wayne

wayne@conversant.co.za

Re: ActiveSync Contact problems on Nokia N97

Postby wayne@conversant.co.za » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:16 pm

I am now using Roadsync from Dataviz. Much better. Although it is sad that in the 21st century interfaces are still so weak.

It has few problem: push mode does not sustain - gets an error eventually and bombs out. Resorting to polling again. There must be a better way :D

Also, contacts are renamed e.g. "bob" becomes "bob bob" under conditions which I still am not certain of.

Scalix; hope you guys are doing well. Waiting with baited breath for your next release.

wayne@conversant.co.za

Postby wayne@conversant.co.za » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:59 pm

All contacts do not synchronise with Roadsync either, some are missing, but I'll settle for "many more" for now.

sgreen

Postby sgreen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 pm

You need a phone number in the contacts to sync them.

Return to “Scalix ActiveSync”