HTC Android 2.1 working beautifully!

Forum to discuss the Scalix ActiveSync product

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

mxx

HTC Android 2.1 working beautifully!

Postby mxx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi,

wanted to report something positive..
I got a HTC Legend which runs Android 2.1. I'm using the built-in standard exchange client since 2 weeks.
No problems so far, everything works as expected! Didn't use more advanced options though. Only used it for syncing contacts, calendar and email. I think the built-in client doesn't support any other features anyway..
This works like a charm out of the box!

Will give TouchDown Exchange a try the next week which is the killer-app for Exchange supporting multiple mailboxes et.c.
Will report back with an update.

Max

sgreen

Re: HTC Android 2.1 working beautifully!

Postby sgreen » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Since the latest update to touchdown I cannot get it to work, if you can post your results that would be great.

We have had good luck with roadsync though. Our only remaining issue is with an HTC incredible that refuses to properly sync "People". I believe their maybe something wrong with that users contacts though.

mxx

Postby mxx » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi sgreen,

sorry didn't try out touchdown yet since I don't need it. Didn't want to pay 20$.

Maybe in the next month or so.. I will post then if it's working or not.

Does anyone have any idea how to get Tasks on the Android? I used synthesis syncml to sync outlook <-> syncml server <-> iphone.
But it looks like there isn't any syncml client for the android capable of syncing tasks yet..

If someone knows any that is capable or an alternative, please let me know.

Thnx!

mxx

Postby mxx » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Ok, touchdown doesn't work for me either.. it's unable to find any "activesync protocol policy"..

Regarding the empty mails, I also have this problem.. thought it was a bug in the HTC mail app..
Maybe there's an application just for reading mails as CalendarPad Pro is for calendaring..
I'll try that if I can find one and see if this issue disappears, not much hope though.

a.schild

Postby a.schild » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:00 am

mxx wrote:Ok, touchdown doesn't work for me either.. it's unable to find any "activesync protocol policy"..

Regarding the empty mails, I also have this problem.. thought it was a bug in the HTC mail app..
Maybe there's an application just for reading mails as CalendarPad Pro is for calendaring..
I'll try that if I can find one and see if this issue disappears, not much hope though.

Doing ActiveSync for mails via RoadSync works fine for emails. (But not for Calendar/Contacts)
So for the moment for the HTC desire we need:
- Sync Calendar+Contacts via built in Active Sync client
- Sync Mails via RoadSync

Not the ideal solution....

mxx

Postby mxx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:33 pm

hmm strange.. is there really so much of a difference between the firmware of the desire and legend?
I don't have issues using the builtin client for everything except the one where sometimes read mails won't display. Were you referring to that one?

Roadsync doesn't work for me either, except for mails.

Someone's using moxier with success on his samsung galaxy s.. though contacts never worked for him (didn't work with builtin client either.. might be an issue with the server or his mailbox maybe).

Return to “Scalix ActiveSync”