strange new problem

Forum to discuss the Scalix ActiveSync product

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

MDAFederal

Re: strange new problem

Postby MDAFederal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:34 am

Contacted McAfee last Friday, and we were told that it is "normal" for responses to take 4-6 weeks from AVERT Labs. This was posted to AVERT near the beginning of the month (Feb. '10), so if we are lucky, we will find out by mid-March.

I must reiterate that the only people losing in this territorial dispute (Politically correct terminology) are the end users who have to deal with this and the IT staff that need to listen to them, and the winner in all of this is Microsoft, as CEOs and VPs begin the Exchange chant as their frustration grows.

MDAFederal

FIXED: Updated DAT

Postby MDAFederal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:01 am

For all that were wondering or having this issue, we happened to stumble across the fact that this issue has been fixed as of DAT Update number 5921 updated on March 15th, 2010.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Re: strange new problem

Postby florian » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 am

I may want to add that
- this seems to confirm whose territory this was on from the getgo
- it would not have been sensible to try to change the data structures we create (possibly introducing new problems because they were correct before and wouldn't have been after) on our side, just to a avoid triggering the false positive on the AV side

Technical assessment and further reasoning have been provided by myself in the referenced Scalix bugzilla entries.

Case closed, I guess.

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Scalix ActiveSync”