Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

SidebandSamurai

PTSYNC (SYNCMOD) errors

Postby SidebandSamurai » Fri May 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Hello everyone.

I am getting errors in the SmartCache log that read as follows:

Code: Select all

"Error returned by Scalix Srver:  PUTSYNC (SYNCMOD) for item 002a221c6da180dc returned error 2501 (Cannot modify a component of a Master Copy (shared) item

and you don't know how to address it.

Outlook locks up frequently when syncing. In other words when the scalix stamp has back and forth arrows, Outlook will be locked up (frozen). Leave it alone and it will eventually free up. But only after its done syncing. I have two users where the outlook freezes while syncing. I have trained them to be patient, but this freezing / unfreezing is really cutting into their productivity. It seems this use to be a common error in prior to 11.4.6 and should have been fixed. but it still comes up from time to time.

Does this indicate that there is corruption on this persons mail store and the easiest way to correct it is to export the mail account. Delete everything from the mail account then re-import it?

Thanks for your help

Sideband Samurai

SidebandSamurai

Re: PTSYNC (SYNCMOD) errors

Postby SidebandSamurai » Fri May 27, 2011 4:48 am

** bump

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: PTSYNC (SYNCMOD) errors

Postby Valerion » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:35 am

What I sometimes do with this error is to find the mail on the server, and then delete it (after exporting it, perhaps). This usually makes the error go away. It indicates a client-side cache issue, a cache rebuild usually makes it go away, but my experience is that it will return eventually.

omdref should tell you which email it is.

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”