Outlook 2007 Address book - Shared

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

SeanBurg

Outlook 2007 Address book - Shared

Postby SeanBurg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:09 am

Hi

Having a strange outlook issue. Getting an error when trying to open a shared address book :

" Cannot open this item.
General object file access error : see supplementary error status
No such file or Directory"

I can see the shared contacts 100% fine in Scalix - Webmail. It is doing this with all three PC's connected to a server. All users have full ownership of the shares. Were should I look as this has me stumped. Your assistance will be appreciated.

les
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Outlook 2007 Address book - Shared

Postby les » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 am

Permissions are ok otherwise the webmail wouldn't work.

Thus, its outlook specific. Check the following...

1. All office patches applied
2. outlook plugins, which are active, try disabling one by one etc. Normally, AV plugins, itunes, business contact manager, windows live (office connector) among many others screw with the Scalix Connector.

Hope that helps.
Regards,

Les Stott

SeanBurg

Postby SeanBurg » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 am

Thanks..

Already looked at that, and there is no other plugins running than the bare necessity. I still get the same error. I am loading a previous version of Scalix 11.4.4 as I cannot remember having the same issues with it before reloading the server recently with the latest version 11.4.6 . I have a feeling that it could be database related as I am also getting an error when trying to save a HTML email message from scalix, error message : the file is corrupt and cannot be saved. Although I can read the message and view the attachment in outlook [v2007].

It is acting pretty random but the contacts that is not working is my main concern. How do i check that the email and shared contacts on the server is happy. Apologies for sounding like a noob.

Just a sidenote: we are running Scalix as a VMWARE app (ESXI 4.1) could that have any influence ? Been running it a while (2 years) on Oracle Virtualbox at various clients but we are migrating our clients to VMWARE.

Kind Regards
Sean

les
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby les » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:00 am

SeanBurg wrote:Thanks..

Already looked at that, and there is no other plugins running than the bare necessity. I still get the same error. I am loading a previous version of Scalix 11.4.4 as I cannot remember having the same issues with it before reloading the server recently with the latest version 11.4.6 . I have a feeling that it could be database related as I am also getting an error when trying to save a HTML email message from scalix, error message : the file is corrupt and cannot be saved. Although I can read the message and view the attachment in outlook [v2007].

It is acting pretty random but the contacts that is not working is my main concern. How do i check that the email and shared contacts on the server is happy. Apologies for sounding like a noob.

Just a sidenote: we are running Scalix as a VMWARE app (ESXI 4.1) could that have any influence ? Been running it a while (2 years) on Oracle Virtualbox at various clients but we are migrating our clients to VMWARE.

Kind Regards
Sean

does that mean youre running the 11.4.4 scalix outlook conenctor with an 11.4.6 server?

are you using smartcahce or not?

Try a new outlook profile, or try an outlook profile without smartchace enabled.
Regards,

Les Stott

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”