Scalix connect and addressbook in non-cache mode

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

lissom

Scalix connect and addressbook in non-cache mode

Postby lissom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Scalix connect doesn't seem to support address completion in new emails from the address book (i.e. some that never had an email sent to them before from Outlook) when the cache isn't enabled. The mailbox is ~10G, so turning off the cache seemed like the best way to deal with that.
Is there something that can be done to make address completion from the address book work?

Thanks!

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Scalix connect and addressbook in non-cache mode

Postby ls-al » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Address completion in its original meaning isnt a feature depending on the store provider, which means that it is independend from Smartcache at all.
It is always related to the addresses that have been used during the lifetime of the Outlook profile.

It looks to me that you are mixing up with the "check names" function which is usually called when a user sends a message and the address is not complete.
There is one known limitation when working with smartcache: Addresses from SYSTEM, like local users and groups, will be only downloaded during the cache creation. It is required to set AB_DOWNLOAD_INTERVAL (to a value different from 0, in days) in general.cfg. This is to be found in the Releasenotes but I have to admit that the wording is hard to understand,

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”