Does scalix connect support multiple mailboxes yet

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

BaldBoy

Re: Does scalix connect support multiple mailboxes yet

Postby BaldBoy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:07 am

It depends on what you do you mean with "different email accounts".

If your intention is to bind, in a single OL profile, a Scalix mailbox AND (e.g.) an external POP/IMAP account ... that is not possible.
If, instead, you want your Outlook profile to open multiple Scalix mailboxes at the same time this can be done.

polleke

Postby polleke » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 am

sorry, but i think you CAN add extra mailboxxes / accounts to a scalix profile

i have just tested it and comfirmed that i can add a scalix mailbox (MAPI) and a seperate IMAP account (from another (courier) server) and it just works..
Kind regards,

Paul

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:30 am

Yes, it's possible to do if you get the sequencing right. However, in my personal experience (and that of other forum members) this can lead to lost emails in one of the two mailboxes. I would not recommend this.

polleke

Postby polleke » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 am

Valerion wrote:Yes, it's possible to do if you get the sequencing right. However, in my personal experience (and that of other forum members) this can lead to lost emails in one of the two mailboxes. I would not recommend this.

The crappy thing about outlook is that it cannot handle multiple inboxes correctly. in thunderbird i can handly different IMAP accounts to different servers and mails sent from one account do not end up in the "standard"acocunt..

And still Outlook is market standard .. :?
Kind regards,

Paul

BaldBoy

Postby BaldBoy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:48 pm

polleke wrote:And still Outlook is market standard .. :?

Well ... it is ! But it would be an error to compare Outlook with any other Email client. Thunderbird IS NOT a free Outlook and, on the other hand, Outlook is not intended to manage "identities" (just to make an example). As thunderbird - or Eudora, or Kmail or whatever, can only handle POP or IMAP connections, Outlook has his strength in MAPI which is a Microsoft play field, and, in fact, Outlook does at his best in bundling with Exchange.

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”