IE 7 beta 2 will cause OL/SC to crash.

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

vlaurenz

Postby vlaurenz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:24 pm

It's happened twice when clicking on the "To:" button to get the system directory to come up...

vlaurenz

Postby vlaurenz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:45 pm

I guess no one else is having continued issues?

Ludwig_BT

Postby Ludwig_BT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:29 am

Can someone may post a working link to the new connector file?
We did the update to IE7 a few hours ago and now invitations don't work anymore. So an update to the new version of the connector is necessary and I couldn't find the file on the scalix servers.

Thanks for a great product btw!
Last edited by Ludwig_BT on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

tuxtattoo

Postby tuxtattoo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:47 pm

vlaurenz wrote:It's happened twice when clicking on the "To:" button to get the system directory to come up...

Forgive me, I'm not trying to highjack this thread, rather provide more details. I've got similar OL crashing issues as well.

I've actually got 5 different machines (all XP Pro w/OL2003) that won't even open Outlook without it crashing anymore (opening a Scalix profile that is). Weird thing is, IE7 is not installed on any of them. There were fine for a few days, then over the last week they've been crashing one by one until none of them work.

To make it worse SWA seems to be flaky for them as well. Sometimes SWA will show new messages but no number of send/receive updates the messages in the inbox. Then out of nowhere if they send a message all the "missing" email shows up all at once (hours later).

Is anyone still having the Outlook crashing problem?

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:10 pm

Ludwig_BT

The link is fixed.

tuxtattoo

I thiink you should start a new thread as this sounds unrelated.

Thanks,
Don

wmcdonald

IE7

Postby wmcdonald » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:39 pm

It is now February, does anyone know if this bug is fixed in 10.0.5? I have users downloading IE 7 and I'm waiting for problems.
Regards,

W. J. McDonald
Southern Recycling, LLC
Covington, Louisiana

kanderson

Postby kanderson » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:43 pm

It was fixed for 10.0.5 and 11. Plus there are hotfixes for some of the other 10.x versions.

Kev.

wmcdonald

Postby wmcdonald » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:53 pm

Where do we find the documentation and fixes?
Regards,

W. J. McDonald

Southern Recycling, LLC

Covington, Louisiana

kanderson

Postby kanderson » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Assuming you are NOT running on an appliance, you can go to the downloads page, and download the latest version of Scalix from the Community side. During the install, it will be automagically upgraded to the full version when it finds a valid license.

Since I assume you have a valid license, however, you should likely talk to your reseller, or PM (or phone, the number is below) me directly if you don't have one. It concerns me that you have not been recieving notifications of these updates as Scalix have been made available, and I'd like to make sure that going forward, you DO see the update notifications as they are announced.

Kev.

kennyguo

As you are probably aware,

Postby kennyguo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:06 am

As you are probably aware, Microsoft is aggressively marketing Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7) and encouraging users to install it. We understand that they intend to proactively download IE 7 to users with Windows Update turned on, possibly as early as November 1.
:P :P haha

giorgosve

Outlook crash when i invite someone

Postby giorgosve » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:12 am

I have openSBS with the Scalix conector 10 in use with win XP sp2 and Outlook 2003. All is working fine but I get the problem that when I invite someone in outlook 2003 (not via webmail) outlook will be crashed. I try to download patch at:

http://www.scalix.com/files/scalix_conn ... .0.366.zip

but the link is not working anymore. Can someone send me the new link or the patch by mail? can someone help me?

thanks in advance

gcstech

IE 7 beta 2 will cause OL/SC to crash.

Postby gcstech » Tue May 20, 2008 11:12 am

Is there still a fixed 10.x client available anywhere? The original link is broken. Thanks

Phil Schilling

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed May 21, 2008 4:58 am

This should (been a long time, so I may be wrong) in the Scalix 10.0.5 package. Just check that the SWA version number is greater than given above.

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”