Outlook 2007 crash when sending mails

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

carsten

Outlook 2007 crash when sending mails

Postby carsten » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:51 am

Dear all,

the environment is: 11.4.5 comunity on a virtualized Debian server, Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows XP SP3, Avast 4.8

I have a non-reproducable error that occurs quite frequent. The client machine crashed recently, so the setup is new
with a small change; before I used Avira.

What happens:

a) sometines, when starting Outlook, it will complain about "Der Informationsspeicher steht nicht zur Verfügung". I did
a re-install of the Scalix Outlook connector, which seems to work. But every now and then, it is popping up again. It
disappears if you reboot and start Outlook again. This is not frequent, but

b) quite often, especially when replying to an email, Outlook will crash. When reopening, clicking on the email on outbox
and sending again, it will crash again. When looking into the data Outlook would send home, it mentions sxualo32.dll
as reason.

After browsing a bit, I came to add-ins and switched all of them off unless Scalix Rules processing Engine and Windows
Search Email Indexer, which I beleive is necessary to search for Emails in Outlook, isn't it?

By switching off I mean: I press the button and de-tick the add-ins that where there before. They will show up as inactive
now. There is an option to remove them. Is it what I should do or is setting inactive sufficient?

Also, I disabled AVAST, but there is no change. There has been some issues some time ago, I remember, where I had to
disable Outlook scanner of AVAST, but this is not there (at least not under this name) any more. There is also no popup
of AVAST to be seen when calling Outlook, as it was then.

I assume that Scalix folks might have a clue if they know that sxualo32.dll is.

Any help, hints, are apreciated.

BR,
Carsten.

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”