Problems opening additional mailboxes

Discuss the Scalix Outlook MAPI Interface

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

humpty

Problems opening additional mailboxes

Postby humpty » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:38 am

I'm having problems opening some additional mailboxes to see shared calendars, but only on some computers.

When adding additional mailboxes I am typing in the person's full name. This has worked fine on 5 or so installations and the name appears in the list as Mailbox - full name. eg. Mailbox - Sue Johnson and all works fine.

On the offending machine some additional mailboxes appear correctly as Mailbox - full name and they work fine. Other names appear as Mailbox - email address. eg. Mailbox - sue@wherever.com and the mailbox won't open, I'm getting a message The information store could not be opened.

This same mailbox opens correctly from another computer with the same end user name (user has a desktop which works and a laptop which doesn't) so it's computer related.

Can anyone suggest why?

humpty

Re: Problems opening additional mailboxes

Postby humpty » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:45 am

Bah! Fathomed it out after asking you.

There is an entry in the contacts for that name which seems to take precedence over the system contacts. Entering part of the name brings up a list of alternatives (luckily ther's more than one) and clicking show more names allows access to the system address book. Selecting from there works properly.

Surely in the add additional mailboxes section the system address book should take priority. Can that be fixed in a later release?

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”