Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

damsupport

****Missing Emails From Sent Item Folder****

Postby damsupport » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:38 am

Current Versions:
Scalix 11.4.1.4516
Scalix Connector 11.4.3.8048
Office 2003 Small Business

Scenario: Dell Latitude D520 with POP3 Account > Moving to Dell Latitude E4300 Scalix Connector
(No Ghost image taken of old machine!)

Recently moved a large 7.5GB POP3 account onto our Scalix mail server for backup purposes, using an Scalix Connector to transfer the content.
All was working fine until a large number of emails which were visable within the Scalix Connector Profile sent items folder, suddenly dissappeared when a new Scalix Profile was connected to a new machine (E4300).
Checked on Webmail and also created a basic IMAP4 profile to see whether the sent items appear, but to no avale!

OMSCAN Performed and recovered some items but not all of them!
omscan -A -f -x -S -v -U

But could anyone PLEASE shed some light on what may have happened here!

Thanks
DAM Support[b][/b]

billb3
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: ****Missing Emails From Sent Item Folder****

Postby billb3 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:26 pm

I would try clearing the imap-cache for the user and then checking via IMAP/Webmail again...just to be sure.

I see you are running a newer connector (11.4.3) against an older server (11.4.1). I have done this with testing and not had issues, but it isn't supported or recommended...

I assume you don't have a copy of the PST? You "moved" all of the email, didn't "copy"?

damsupport

Postby damsupport » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:33 am

Yes that its correct i moved the emails rather than copy!

I saw the Sent Items on the old laptop D520 when i created a profile using the Scalix Connector to transfer the email together with Contacts etc!
However when syncing the profile on the new machine the items did not transfer over, as mentioned the emails as not present in Webmail nore a standard IMAP account.

Performed a omscan -A -f -x -S -v -c 1 -U but again only recovered around 40 emails.
The user is stating that around 2000 emails are missing!

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:10 am

Were you using SmartCache or a directly-connected profile? If you were using SC, then it's possible the cache didn't sync properly. Users are prone to ignoring the state of the cache in any event. If you still have the old machine, you can do a PST export of the cache (don't connect it to the server), then import that.

Return to “Scalix Connect for MS Outlook”