Push-Mail for blackberry´?

Discuss the Scalix Mobile Web Client

Moderator: ScalixSupport

FlashOver

Push-Mail for blackberry´?

Postby FlashOver » Wed May 23, 2007 8:13 am

Can I and when how, configure Scalix to push Mails to Blackberry mobile devices?
Is that integrated in the community edition too?

jaime.pinto
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby jaime.pinto » Wed May 23, 2007 8:57 am

No
No

Search the forum on funambol AND NotifyLink for more info, and take a look at my wishlist:
viewtopic.php?t=7317&highlight=funambol+notifylink

Jaime

nepco

push email

Postby nepco » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:40 pm

If you just want email pushed to your blackkberry i use a rule that redirects the email to my phone. It works perfect. Make sure you retain it at your regular email box. Which has to be done from the command line at the server. No need to purchase anything if this is all you want.

JasonWarren

Postby JasonWarren » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:05 pm

Which has to be done from the command line at the server. No need to purchase anything if this is all you want.

Hi,
Can you tell me how to do this.

Regards,

Jason

kanderson

Postby kanderson » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:47 pm

sxaa --user USER --redirect ADDRESS [--retain] [FILTER] [--title RULETITLE]

The main things you need are the username (or authid) the address you're sending to, obviously, and as indicated, make sure you also use the --retain switch, or the email will disappear from the desktop.

Kev.

JasonWarren

Postby JasonWarren » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:49 am

Hi Kev,
Thanks for the prompt solution...much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jason

jaime.pinto
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby jaime.pinto » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:06 am

Hi FlashOver

Sorry I didn't read your post with the proper attention. For some reason I thought I was responding to another post with a very similar question, by had MAPI requirements.

Kev is correct. If all you are concerned with is email, you could simply forward (push) every email that comes into your inbox to your BB email (the one given to you by your BB carrier).

In all likelihood your carrier will also provide a webGUI in which you can manage how your BB account will interact with the scalix server (in a IMAP fashion). The advantage of this option is that you "pull" the email from the scalix server at regular intervals (2-5 minutes), and you can filter what you bring in to the BB. It also let's you delete message on the BB and delete it from the server as well. If the pulling interval you set on the BB is long enough (5 minutes), and you manage your emails on the server using outlook fast enough, you may delete messages from your inbox before the BB has had the chance to pull it, so that you don't have to double delete everything. Before we got NotifyLink in house that was how everybody here dealt with BB and scalix.
Image Jaime
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Return to “Scalix Mobile Web Client”