Activesync

Discuss the Scalix Mobile Web Client

Moderator: ScalixSupport

Garyc

Activesync

Postby Garyc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 pm

has scalix missed the boat ???????

I have a few suggestions for the scalix devs

1) Supply your own *google sync* app and let clients pay google £40 p.a. and let them take over avtivesync

2) or to make it simpler, can scalix make itself compatible with google apps sync ????????

3) or *preferrably* (mooted about 4 yrs go) can scalix support Funambol

what *is* the scalix roadmap ????

ps look at www.unison.com to see the future ????????????????

gary

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Activesync

Postby ls-al » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:33 am

Probably the wrong section and I am again irritated about the multiple question marks...

There are several ways to push an enhancement request. From experience we know that this forum is not the preferred one.
Scalix has a commercial background with features requested by commercial customers at first. I'd personally doubt that there is a bigger commercial interest to use Google Apps syncing against, but maybe someone has a different sight.

Scalix has a published API. It shouldnt be a problem for an engaged community not just to suggest something but also to contribute. Funambol is a community driven project for years. Think yourself about the progress.

Finally: I havent heared much from Unison after their "The Flintstones" appearance at the CeBIT 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdteFNhREl0). I had problems to take them serious. Looking at their current functionality I still dont see much interesting beside the integration of telephony and IM. This would be a nice-to-have feature indeed, but it shouldnt be overrated.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Activesync

Postby florian » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Gary,

one thing I fail to see is the point of your post. Scalix ActiveSync works just fine, I've been using it for almost two years now and haven't seen much issue with it.

What advantage would any of the other approaches you suggest have over the use of this?

Tx,
Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Scalix Mobile Web Client”