Dead forum ???

Discuss the Scalix Mobile Web Client

Moderator: ScalixSupport

graemef

Dead forum ???

Postby graemef » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:09 am

Does anyone use the phone client or is it dead ?? The forum sees little traffic and bugs that have been around for years don't seem to get addressed. Is there an alternate method anyone uses to access scalix via windows mobile phones ?
This is the only problem I have with Scalix, I have put it on three servers so far in different places, all have the same "No Text" problem with the mobile client that makes it unusable.

mhoroschun

Re: Dead forum ???

Postby mhoroschun » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:52 am

I think the mobile web client is a dead/dying feature.

Use ActiveSync. It works quite well.

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Re: Dead forum ???

Postby florian » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Well, I wouldn't say so. Forum emptiness makes sense because it's such a simple product that there is hardly anything to discuss. I use it once in a while and it usually works fine for me,though being an iphone/activesync (and before that: IMAP!) user, i don't use it that much due to lack of offline capabilities, which for a user of airplanes and other means of public transport is pretty important.

On the bugs - none of the ones up in bugzilla looks extremely critical to me, in the grand scheme of things; and no, we don't get much technical support requests either through our support process, so that kind of priorization doesn't occur.

not dead, not dying, just getting about the attention it seems to deserve based on activities surrounding it.

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

Return to “Scalix Mobile Web Client”