ActiveSync

Discuss the Scalix Mobile Web Client

Moderator: ScalixSupport

kanderson

ActiveSync

Postby kanderson » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:14 am

One suggestion, and one question.

Suggestion. With the ActiveSync client out as a new product, should there be a new forum dedicated to it?

Question. I've seen a number of messages now, where I can't read it on my phone. I think this might be a consequence of Software 3.0, but on an iPhone 3gS, running firmware 3.0, I have several, as does another of our employees. It did not occur prior to the 3gs, but the 3.0 firmware wasn't really there long enough for me to really know for sure if that was the problem, as it was out for a day or two, and then the phone was replaced. Regardless, it did not happen on the original 3g with 2.2.1 firmware on it during the Beta, nor after the GA code was released. I can't find anything unique about the message, but where the message body should be, it says "This message has not been downloaded from the server." I'd guess that the headers are being without problem, because I can see the sender, recipient and the subject.

I can provide dumps of the relevant messages if you'd like. Let me know if you want sxmboxexports, or qf/df pairs.

Actually, checking, I'm not alone with this problem, and it doesn't appear to be Scalix's issue. I'll leave the remainder of the post here in case others experience it, but Google quickly found several posts, including one on the Apple site:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... ID=9112819

Further reading indicates that this error seems to happen in two ways. First it happens to POP accounts, and switching to IMAP cures the issue. Secondly, it happens when connecting against Exchange (and/or Scalix). There's no fix for that except (also) switching to IMAP.

So I guess it's not really a question anymore, but more of a statement that it's working EXACTLY like Exchange, errors and all. :) Frankly, that makes me think it's an iPhone issue more than anything else.

Kev.

Return to “Scalix Mobile Web Client”