Scalix Vulnerability

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Scalix Vulnerability

Postby Valerion » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:14 am

I am not aware of any security vulnerabilities with Scalix, but it will depend on your corporate policy and audit requirements. I suggest taking the audit requirements, checking them against a clean installed server. If any issues come up, we can address them at that point.

RSisco

Postby RSisco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Kind of interesting post - "Can you tell me how to exploit your software?"

:D

Richard
I have officially quit using Scalix, but continue to visit the forums
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scalix Server 11.4.6.13676
Scalix Connect 11.4.6.9214
SWA 11.4.6.12377
Outlook 2007
CentOS 5.3

smpoole7

Postby smpoole7 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:39 pm

RSisco wrote:Kind of interesting post - "Can you tell me how to exploit your software?"

:D

Richard

You have a suspicious mind.

I approve. :)

mikethebike

Postby mikethebike » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:33 am

:)
The joys of a proper OS.....unlike windows there are very few vulnerabilities, as can be seen by the number of security patches for unix. The only vulnerabilities I have seen have been through accidental or bad admin on the OS side.

Mick

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 am

Skipper128 wrote:Thanks for the response, I am still in the newbie mode for auditing, and yes.. i have no much experience with it. Right now. I'm still on the formulating side on how we can expose scalix to vulnerabilities.. is there any, if i may ask???... anyway.. thing's I can give you much is the user access mode, viruses on attachment, and lastly hardware maintenance. Thanks...

This isn't vulnerabilities, though. What you need to do is formulate a corporate IT security policy. Once you have that in place, you will need to check what is already covered and what not. If you have a virus scanning requirement in the policy, you will need to check where to do such scanning. If your policy addresses clear-text passwords, you will have to look at the various protocols in use and see how/if they violate this. Perhaps you need to use a firewall to limit this.

Since you sound new at this, I would suggest you contact a Scalix partner to help you with this, and to show you how the various things fit together.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”