Yet another SmartHost with AUTH problem with Postfix

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

yanivomc

Yet another SmartHost with AUTH problem with Postfix

Postby yanivomc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi guys,
after a night without sleep and after searching and digging every forum and search option i came to a stop and now i need your help :)

i have configure my Scalix to forward all external emails using SMARTHOST and created an authinfo file (FEATURE(`authinfo', `hash /etc/mail/authinfo'))
and ran all the needed commands to make it a DB (makemap hash /etc/mail/authinfo < /etc/mail/authinfo).

my problem is that it only work for one user, i mean that i have added two users to my authinfo file as followed:

Code: Select all

AuthInfo:mailr.****.net "U:usr1@****" "P:******" "M:LOGIN"
AuthInfo: "U:usr2@******" "P:****" "M:LOGIN"

and when im trying to send an email with USR1 every thing is great and it's able to authenticate in the remote Smarthost (POSTFIX server)
but when i'm trying to send an email using USR2 i get:

553 5.7.1 <usr2@*****>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user usr1@****

i dont get it....
i have 20 additional users and i thought that i need to add all of my usersname and passwords to AUTHINF file i have created....

please support :)

i have based my configuration on:
http://www.go2linux.org/smart-host-sendmail-exim
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/sendmail.mc-entry-for-smart-host-on-different-port-690852/

RSisco

Re: Yet another SmartHost with AUTH problem with Postfix

Postby RSisco » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:21 pm

As far as I know, sendmail only supports sending as one user via SMARTHOST. That being said, it is completely transparent; meaning that when the email shows up, it doesn't claim the user (or even the domain) that sendmail uses as the SMARTHOST as the sender of the email. This info is taken from the email itself.

I have my sendmail configuration rotate through a list of users as my smtp server that I SMARTHOST through limits daily relays to 250 per user. But this is done via a script and isn't necessary when the number of smtp relays is unlimited or never reached.

Richard
I have officially quit using Scalix, but continue to visit the forums
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scalix Server 11.4.6.13676
Scalix Connect 11.4.6.9214
SWA 11.4.6.12377
Outlook 2007
CentOS 5.3

yanivomc

Postby yanivomc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:37 pm

RSisco wrote:As far as I know, sendmail only supports sending as one user via SMARTHOST. That being said, it is completely transparent; meaning that when the email shows up, it doesn't claim the user (or even the domain) that sendmail uses as the SMARTHOST as the sender of the email. This info is taken from the email itself.

I have my sendmail configuration rotate through a list of users as my smtp server that I SMARTHOST through limits daily relays to 250 per user. But this is done via a script and isn't necessary when the number of smtp relays is unlimited or never reached.

Richard

Hi Richard,
I'm much more inform now and i understand that i'm trying to locate the problem from the wrong place BUT still i dont get it (it's 00:35 and i'm dead :) ),
what do i have to do to make sendmail smarthost authenticate all scalix users ?

i mean that now i can only authenticate usr1 whom i added to my AUTHINFO file.... do i need to give it the root user?

sorry if i'm unclear...

yanivomc

Postby yanivomc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:58 pm

after Richard helped me a bit i still have an open question,

What else do i have to configure on sendmail so it will Authenticate all of his users to POSTFIX (smarthost)?

right now i can only authenticate 1 user and all the rest are logged in postfix with "Sender address rejected: not owned by user.... " error

thanks,
Yaniv

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”