Parse and Display Free/Busy data

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

mcteeitup

Parse and Display Free/Busy data

Postby mcteeitup » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 am

Hello,

I need to retrieve and display a group of users free/busy data in a grid on a web page. Retrieving a users data is not an issue. I am looking for ideas as to how to parse the .ics file(s) and build the grid. I'll write my own utility if need be but I was wondering if anyone else has faced a similar situation and what approach they took.
Using Scalix 11.4.3

Thanks

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Parse and Display Free/Busy data

Postby Valerion » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 am

You can actually retrieve Free/Busy directly from the server, using the older API. Look at http://<servername>/api/docs

mcteeitup

Postby mcteeitup » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 am

Yes, retrieving the data is easy. I want to be able to interpret it and then display it in a meaningful way. Working with iCal data is new to me. I am looking to pass the free/busy data for one or more users to a home grown calendar where it would be displayed in a grid. So I'm looking into what methods (other than writing my own utility) would help me to do that. Exchange server sends you a string of numbers where each number represents the free/busy status for a given interval of time(15,30,60 min) which makes it simple to build a graph showing a users schedule for a 24 hr period. We are moving away from Exchange so I need to re-engineer parts of our calendar to tie into Scalix.
Thanks.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Have a look at this post to see if it helps. http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11902

I know I found the format on the net once using Google, but I can't find it right now.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”