Notification about new mail -> external address evr hour

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

ebhannes

Notification about new mail -> external address evr hour

Postby ebhannes » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi there,

we've got a new freelancer who has webaccess with a company email adress and a blackberry with a different mail address.
He should be informed on his blackberry (which doesn't receive companys mail!) when new mail on the companys mailaddress arrives. Therefor i wanted to setup a rule within outlook that sends some text (e.g. you have new mail) to his other emailaddress (which is pushed to blackberry) when new mail arrives, but ruleswizard doesn't have this option. A closer look into adminguide and options for delivery rules leaves me quite frustated.
how can i realize that?
Second possibility would be to send or redirect mail directly to main account. in this case it would be nice to add [Scalix] or [Company] to subject.
How can i do that?

Thanks in advance
Hannes

kabalah

Re: Notification about new mail -> external address evr hour

Postby kabalah » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Why not just use sxaa on the command line on the scalix box, and send a copy of the email to the blackberry?

#sxaa --user joebob --redirect joebob@att.blackberry.net --title joebob@att.blackberry.net --retain

jim

ebhannes

Postby ebhannes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:25 am

Thanks for your answer, kabalah,

i described your solution as second possibility, but the subject should be added by [Company] or similar.
Anyway...reqirements have changed.
This freelancer should be forced to handle my companys mail completely distant from blackberry, so simple forwarding is not desired.
One concern is that he maybe will answer companys mail with his own account, which is not allowed.

My boss is quite disappointed, when he heard that it's cannot be configured with filter rules. With exchange you can configure this in no time, he mentioned. I hadn't proof that, but i also think thant you must have the possibility to set up a filter rule
1. incoming new mail from anywhere,
2. send a message [...]
3. to jim.carry@gmx.de

How can i achieve that?

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:58 am

There's a couple of ways to do it, none of which are trivial if you're not an expert in this. It may be best to get a Scalix reseller to do this for you.

• Use a POP3 script that checks the mailbox and reads any new messages, then retrieves and notifies as required.
  • Use a Scalix AutoNotify auto-action - this will notify a script that a message has been received and allow it to notify the Blackberry. However, you only receive the message envelope, not the message body as well.
  • Use a Scalix AutoPrint auto-action to capture the whole message with a script, then notify and forward onwards as required.

The first option is fairly generic and should work against any mail server. The last two are not really documented by Scalix, so no guarantees on how they work. It should, however, be unchanged from the original code base. I do have some documents on that, but wouldn't want to violate any copyrights by posting them. In addition, you will need to create the proper scripts to manage the messages appropriately.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”