Using "internet user" in the same domain?

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

tortoise

Using "internet user" in the same domain?

Postby tortoise » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Hello, currently I try to solve following problem.

ISP has server which hosts mails for our domain (mydomain.com). We have two separate offices. I will use OA for office A and OF for office B in the text.
Latest Scalix is installed in OA. Because in OB we have just two users, they have just their Outlooks fetching mail from ISP.

Scalix in OA is setup to handle mail for mydomain.com. I created all users from OA as normal, e-mail users. If users from OA need to send mail to officeb1@mydomain.com or officeb2@mydomain.com, there is a problem because these users locally do not exist.

There is no way that users from OB would be able to fetch mail from Scalix in OA.

So I tried to create officeb1@mydomain.com and officeb2@mydomain.com users in OA Scalix and setup it as "internet user". I expected Scalix will send this mail immediately to the MX server for mydomain.com and everything would be fine. Unfortunatelly it isn't, mails for officeb1@mydomain.com sent via Scalix in OA are not deliver nor returned as underivable.

Is this bug in Scalix? Is there any way how to solve the problem without creating some mail aliases on ISP side? Thanks.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”