Problem with REST API

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

whaslbeck

Problem with REST API

Postby whaslbeck » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 am

Hello,

I want to create entries in a public Contact folder from a SAP system (with ABAP) with the REST API. The problem is: I always get a "M00015 unsupported content-type' error. I set the header field 'content-type' correctly with 'application/scalix-properties', but SAP automagicaly adds "; charset=utf-8" to the content-type header line. And it seems, that scalix doesn't recognize the content type when the charset-declaration is added. I verified this with 'wget' from the command line: if I start wget with the option '--header "Content-Type: applicaton/scalix-properties"' it works, if I start wget with '--header "Content-Type: application/scalix-properties; charset=utf-8"' it doesn't.

Is there a way to say scalix/tomcat to ignore the "; charset=utf-8" append the the content-type header line? I coudn't find a way to solve this problem on the SAP side, so I hope I can solve this on the Scalix side..

Walter

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Problem with REST API

Postby Valerion » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:45 am

You may have to log this as an enhancement request in Scalix Bugzilla. Sounds like it's due to the way the server-side interprets it. However, I don't know if any enhancements to this API is still being made.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”