Retrieving Calendar Appointments through Messaging API

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

hheckel

Retrieving Calendar Appointments through Messaging API

Postby hheckel » Sat May 09, 2009 1:24 am

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve Calendar Appointments in xml Format through the Messaging API:
http://my.server.name/api/user@domain.com/mailbox/Calendar?output=xml
which successfully returns a list of "item" (nodes) with an "xlink:href" attribute, as well as "date", "subject", "from" and "sender" nodes.

In order to access the start and end date for a Calendar Appointment, I need to make subsequent requests for each "item" node using the "xlink:href" attribute, since the "date" in the above node list seems to return the date, when the Calendar Appointment was entered into the system.

Is there any way to retrieve the start and end date of a Calendar Appointment in the initial request in xml format?

Note: Using

Code: Select all

output=ical
seems to help, put doesn't return all Calendar Appointments in a consistent manner (sometimes it returns all appointments, sometimes some, and sometimes none).

Thanks,
H.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Re: Retrieving Calendar Appointments through Messaging API

Postby Valerion » Sun May 10, 2009 2:04 am

Try the CalDAV API instead, it may give you better results, though you need to be on a very recent version of Scalix for that. I would recommend you try this on 11.4.3. CalDAV is standardized, so you know what to expect.

http://<server>/api/dav/Calendars/Users/<user>/Calendar

hheckel

Postby hheckel » Mon May 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks, the query seems to work. However, the result is returned as a html document. Are there other formats available as well (for parsing in ical4j) or am I missing soemthing?

Thanks,
H.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Tue May 12, 2009 5:05 am

I suggest you read RFC 4791, this explains CalDAV a lot better. I am not too sure what formats are available and defined.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”