550 Denied due to spam list - After adding new domain.

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

glen

550 Denied due to spam list - After adding new domain.

Postby glen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi,

Our Scalix installation deals with email for various domains that we own. We currently have 4 domains set up OK.

Today I added a 5th domain & created a single email account for that domain. Sending email to that new address works fine internally. But when I send email to it from an external address I get an error email back saying:

...This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

new_email@new_domain.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<new_email@new_domain.com>:
host xxx.xx.x.xxx [xxx.xx.x.xxx]: 550 Denied due to spam list

xxx.xx.x.xxx is our local networks external ip. And our local network is where the scalix installation is, so I'm pretty sure it's our server returning the error.

So anyway, I've checked my config & can't see a problem. We are using the community edition of Scalix ver 11.3. Is there a limit of 4 for local domains?

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Glen

schmoe90
Scalix
Scalix

Postby schmoe90 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Did you tell the server that it's supposed to look after that domain anywhere?

glen

Postby glen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks for replying. Yes, in SAC, I added the new domain into the local domains list.

glen

Postby glen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Sorry, more info: We have a linux mail server (exim4) on the 'net that handles all our mail, does some anti-spam work, etc. It then forwards the message to our scalix server. I've done some tests, & the mail is going through that server fine, but when it hits the scalix server, it's rejected with the error details I've provided. I've got 4 other domains working fine this way. I've double checked my config & can't see the problem. No doubt I'm missing some critical setting in scalix or on the server that scalix is running on. I was hoping someone might know what config files to check etc. I've been through all other posts relating to the 550 error, but the other problems seemed different to mine & the solutions were not consistent with the fact that our other domains are working fine.

When I work it out, I'll post back here. Any ideas appreciated.

- Glen

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:20 am

You have added the domain in smtpd.cfg and restarted the SMTP Relay?

glen

Postby glen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply. I added the line

Code: Select all

RELAY accept .new_domain.com

to my smtpd.cfg file, then I did

omoff -d0 -w smtpd
omon -w smtpd

.. which I copied from another post. I then did a test & external email is now working.

The thing that is perplexing me is that none of the other domains that I have setup in scalix needed the RELAY line to be added.

I've got the line:

RELAY accept %LOCALDOMAIN%

in my smtpd.cfg file, but I have not been able to work out what %LOCALDOMAIN% is referring to.

Thanks for the help in getting me going. If anyone knows why my other domains are working without the RELAY line - I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Glen

glen

Postby glen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 pm

OK, I removed the relay line I added & restarted smtpd. And behold, external email is still getting through. Weird. I guess all I needed to do was restart smtpd in the first place.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”