[Solved] Mail to unknown local users *isn't* relayed...

Discuss the Scalix Messaging Services

Moderator: ScalixSupport

nlindq

[Solved] Mail to unknown local users *isn't* relayed...

Postby nlindq » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:30 pm

I'm setting up a new Scalix collaboration server for users at one location, but would like to relay non-local users (and aliases, and mailing list traffic) in the same domain to an existing external server for our other locations. Unfortunately I'm getting an error when attempting to send a message to a non-local user or alias.

In another message thread someone had the opposite problem and the answer was to add the local domain to /etc/mail/local-host-names, so I tried removing the domain from mine and restarting Scalix, but to no avail.

Is there something akin to Sendmail's LUSER_RELAY setting I can change in Scalix?

Thanks!
Last edited by nlindq on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valerion
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby Valerion » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:25 am

sendmail is used for outgoing mail, not Scalix. So your sendmail.cf (and sendmail.mc) controls how outgoing email is managed. You can set the LUSER_RELAY as normal, Scalix should hand undelivered mail to sendmail for final processing.

nlindq

Postby nlindq » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Valerion wrote:sendmail is used for outgoing mail, not Scalix. So your sendmail.cf (and sendmail.mc) controls how outgoing email is managed. You can set the LUSER_RELAY as normal, Scalix should hand undelivered mail to sendmail for final processing.

Aha! Thanks; that worked just fine.

Return to “Scalix Messaging Services”