Cannot edit users with SAC

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

gordonm

Cannot edit users with SAC

Postby gordonm » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:34 pm

I have installed a 9.0 demo on a single RHEL ES 3.0 system and have encountered an issue I need some help with.

I am no longer able to make any changes to user accounts through SAC, any time I do this I get a popup message "Administration server is not responding. Possible lost connection or server problem." This happens whenever I try to submit any changes to any user.

In caa.log I think I see the problem:

'Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: ommodu: not found'

ommodu is of course installed in /opt/scalix /bin; where can I check to see why the SAC app can't find this command?

TIA.

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:05 pm

Hi,

What does your /etc/hosts files display? An incorrect hosts file can cause issues with the Console. Also, check to see if there are any "hanging" Tomcat processes.

ps -ef|grep tomcat

Regards,

Scalix Support

gordonm

Postby gordonm » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:32 pm

ScalixSupport wrote:Hi,

What does your /etc/hosts files display? An incorrect hosts file can cause issues with the Console. Also, check to see if there are any "hanging" Tomcat processes.

/etc/hosts is populated with the FQDN and IP of the host, and there are correct forward/reverse DNS records for the host as well.

I have tried restarting Tomcat several times but still see the same problem. Again, according to caa.log somehow the 'ommodu' command is not found by the app when it attempts to make any changes submitted in SAC.

ScalixSupport
Scalix
Scalix

Postby ScalixSupport » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:19 am

The error you are seeing is because /opt/scalix/bin is not in tomcat's path.

Check the /INTEGRATION directory of the download and you'll see a sample init.d startup script.

Cheers

Dave

gordonm

Postby gordonm » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:23 pm

That was it, thanks. I didn't notice your init.d script and so used a random one that failed to set $JAVA_HOME and $JAVA_OPTS. Thanks again...

Return to “Scalix Server”