AutoComplete Cache Export

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

chantman

AutoComplete Cache Export

Postby chantman » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:53 am

Hi All,

Is there a way to export the auto-complete cache for addresses in Scalix, with either SWA or Outlook??? We have users that have been using Auto-Complete and not saving things in ;their address books.

Thanks,

-Chantman

florian
Scalix
Scalix

Postby florian » Tue May 01, 2007 2:08 am

In Outlook the cache is held in a so-called nickname cache (.nk2) file, in SWA i's a hidden IMAP message. None of the formats is documented, but with a little bit of playing you should be able to find out how everything comes together.

Florian.
Florian von Kurnatowski, Die Harder!

ls-al
Scalix Star
Scalix Star

Postby ls-al » Tue May 01, 2007 4:43 am

For Outlook we already managed just to copy the .nk2 file and reapply them to a new profile.

This http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2005/up050609.htm#nk2 may be useful to understand how this was done.

cheers,
Dirk

ricksaul

Re: AutoComplete Cache Export

Postby ricksaul » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:29 am

Can you please outline how to export the autocomplete list from one outlook profile to another. When rebuilding outlook profiles the thing that really annoys users is the loss of this information. It is easy to do with the .nk2 file but I have no idea how to migrate this using scalix/outlook

thanks

ricksaul

Re: AutoComplete Cache Export SOLVED

Postby ricksaul » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 am

I believe that i have resolved this without looking into the scalix imap folders.

In win7 I went to C:\Users\rick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook and found my previous profile .NK2 file and copied it over the new .NK2 file in my new outlook profile and I can now use all my previous auto-complete addresses that i have been using for some months..

Return to “Scalix Server”