Suddenly users can't log in

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

jbru

Suddenly users can't log in

Postby jbru » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:14 am

I have a Scalix 11.4.6 server running on OpenSuse 11.0 with the latest updates for a long time, but sometimes suddenly users can't log in.

They all use one mailbox (info@...) and all use Thunderbird email client with IMAP. When I restart the server it all works, but without any reason Thunderbird suddenly asks for the password. When I try t log in it doesn't work. Even when I log in to webmail, it says the username or password is incorrect. When I restart the server it all works again, but it can be for a long time but also for a couple of minutes.

I tried different Thunderbird versions, resetting the servers IMAP cache, created a new mailbox and imported the old one but nothing helps.

I don't know why this happened because none of the software (OpenSuse or Scalix) changed. What could be causing this?
There are 10 people who understand binary, they who do and they who don't.

jbru

Re: Suddenly users can't log in

Postby jbru » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:10 am

Guess no one could help me, but I've found the problem. It looks like one of the Thunderbird's (or the PC itself) is corrupt. So I'll try to remove and reinstall Thunderbird and hopefully it solves this problem!

Case Closed :)
There are 10 people who understand binary, they who do and they who don't.

Return to “Scalix Server”