Urgent... really big problem with smtp and relaying

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

alex0815

Urgent... really big problem with smtp and relaying

Postby alex0815 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:59 am

Hi folks,

we were running a scalix 11.4.6 server for a single domain. Now we had to add 3 more domains to that server and also reconfigure it do directly receive mails from the internet.
So at first we disabled the smarthost in sendmail.mc and reconfigured sendmail. This went fine.

After this i added the new domains inside SAC and created the users. (Standard user, not premium).
Also i reconfigured the mx-records to point to the scalix server.

Now i am able to send mails with those new users/domains without any problems. (the server itself has no dns-reverse, but i think this is i minor point i will fix on monday...)

BUT if i trie to send mails from the internet to those new users, the maillog shows me something like "stat=Deferred: Connection timed out with mail.newdomain.tld."
Then i added the new domains .domain1.de .domain2.de and so on to the smtpd.conf, restarted scalix-smtpd and sendmail. Still the same results. Also maillog shows me, that it tries to relay those mails to the mx. However, the server itself IS the mx for those domains. Additionally it tries to find those mx-servers with the external IP of the scalix-server...

Do you have any idea, what little mistake i made in this configuration?

Thank you guys very much in advance.
Alex

BaldBoy

Re: Urgent... really big problem with smtp and relaying

Postby BaldBoy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 am

Assuming you have configured the MX records of your domains to point to the public ip address of your mailserver you have to check :
- what happens if you telnet the public ip address of your mail server from the internet ? (telnet mail.newdomain.tld 25)
- do your firewall allow incoming connections on port 25 ?

Also, do not mangle with sendmail.cf and do not add domains to smtpd.cfg. Sendmail should be listening only on 127.0.0.1 and, just in case you're not sure of it's setup, run omsendin from a command prompt.

That's it.

Return to “Scalix Server”