Public Calendars with private entry visable & not writeable

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

PeterR

Public Calendars with private entry visable & not writeable

Postby PeterR » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:00 am

Hi again,

strange problem:

I have Public Calendars inside public folder where people can store their public and "private" appointments. Unfortunately appointments marked as "privat" can be read and edited by other users. That's ok and desired for public appointments but "private" appointments should only be visible for others ; e.g mean that from 2 - 4 o'clock pm this person is not available; but not read + changeable ( e. g others cannot read why this person is away from 2 - 4 o'clock )

Has anyone a hint how this could be solved, or have I just a misunderstanding of the concept for public/private appointments ?

Roughly speaking, goal is to have a kind of availbility lists in one calendar per person..

Sidenotes:
Even creating private appointments through SWA does not solve this, instead those created appointments are _so_ private that even the creator cannot delete them in SWA ..
But others on ical / thunderbird can ;-)

--- Software involved ----
Scalix 11.4.6 (newest)
Apple Ical on 10.6 and 10.5
Thunderbird 2.x and 3.x with lightning 0.7 / 0.8 (linux)

Thanks for any kind of feedback & greetings , PeteR

polleke

Re: Public Calendars with private entry visable & not writeable

Postby polleke » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:19 am

on a public folder you want to store private items and you expect them not to be visible to other users.. Mmm.. this goes beyond my knowledge (and to be honest logic)
Kind regards,

Paul

Return to “Scalix Server”