Resources: bookings to be confirmed manually: how to set up?

Discuss the Scalix Server software

Moderators: ScalixSupport, admin

mxx

Resources: bookings to be confirmed manually: how to set up?

Postby mxx » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:14 am

Hi,

after reading the resources section in the Admin Guide and the following posting from Florian in this thread: http://www.scalix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5842&hilit=booking

florian wrote:<snip>
The purpose of a premium resource is to be able to log into the resource account from swa and/or outlook.

This way you can then
- set fine-grained access control on the resource calendar, determining who may book a resource and who can't. with a standard resource, every premium user has full access to the resource.
- being able to open the resource calendar as delegate - so to see the bookings
- being able to not allow direct resource booking but have some admin assistant get all bookings on behalf of the resource and confirm manually.

<snip>

.. I got the idea that it was possible to fully control the booking of resources by -for example- a secretary.

However I cannot figure out how this could be done.
I tried to set up a holidays calendar as a premium resource. When folder permissions of the resources calendar aren't set to "author" for "standard", noone can book the resource by adding it to the "resource" textbox when creating a new calendar event.
When permissions for "standard" are set to "author" however, the resource gets booked automatically and there's no need or possibility for the resource user or its delegate to manually accept or deny.

Is there a way to set this up? I tried adding the resource into the "required" box when creating a new calendar entry.
This does work, but the calendar event is created immediately in the requesting users calendar and isn't deleted when the resource denies the request (although it correctly shows up as denied in the status window of this calendar event).

Please, anyone more familiar about how to set this up point me into the right direction.
Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Max

Return to “Scalix Server”